Support, encouragement, and inspiration for the spiritual journey.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Nothing Clever

How many of us think of ourselves as nothing special, just a basic person.We read books, take classes, exercise and diet (maybe), all in the attempt to be better. So much of that attempt is really about DOING better, which definitely counts for something in this world. BEING better...a better being...that's a whole other story. So many of us,(myself included, at least from time to time), bemoan the fact that we are't perfect. We don't DO perfect, but do we BE perfect? Can I, or any of us, REALLY see ourselves as we really are, as God sees us, without jugement and interpretation, without history and biases, without other peoples' projections and expectations? What if perfect means what the dictionary says it means, i.e. complete, no missing parts? What if complete is what I am in my soul, right now? If I - or any of us- believed that, that we don't have to be clever, smart, pretty, or anything in particular, other than what we are right now, life might be a different place.I don't have to "do" perfect, clever or anything else. All I need to do to have a full life is : pay attention, listen, be fully present, and know that my core essential being is complete in every moment.Other people have said all that, of course. I want to live it; it's both simple and hard, but it could make all the difference...Rev. Susan

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Susan. That's PERFECT! Just what I needed to hear today as I am racing around trying to be human doing...

    ReplyDelete