Support, encouragement, and inspiration for the spiritual journey.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Quiet

I put on headphones so that I could listen to a radio program on the computer without waking up my children. It took some time for the program to load, and during that time, the headphones muted the sounds around me--the birds outside, the refrigerator running, the cars occasinally passing by.

What a peaceful pause! I felt as though I'd dived into a more interior place. It felt, in fact, like a retreat.

What mini-retreats can you take today? What little puddles of quiet can you find in the busyness of your life?

Quiet is so like a blanket, sometimes, that covers us and comforts us. "Be still and know that I AM."

What do you find when you put the noise of your life on mute? Pause and take three breaths and see.

Rev. Sam Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment